1) Pamela Thibodeaux‘s brand new devotional: Love is a Rose is available now! In this devotional, Pamela S Thibodeaux shares how God opened her spirit to a deeper understanding of the abundance of His grace and mercy through the words of the song, The Rose sung by Country & Western artist Conway Twitty. Pamela offers Seeds to Ponder and a prayer as she parallels the love of God and the Christian life to each verse of the song. Love is a Rose can be purchases @ Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords!
2) Mike McHugh – Special Book Launch Event! Mike will be at office of The Louisiana Jam, 715 Kirby St., on Friday, October 18 from 5-7 PM to sign copies of the new Not Your Mother’s Book…On Home Improvement. The book contains two new Dang Yankee stories among dozens of other hilarious tales from do-it-yourselfers. Copies will be available at a savings off the retail price. Mike has cautioned us about one particular chapter, “Go With the Flow”, which contains several accounts of toilet replacement projects that are not for the faint of heart. Anyhow, come out to the Jam on Oct. 18 to shake hands with The Dang Yankee. He promised us he won’t be working on any toilets that day.
3) Willis Abshire will be at the Heritage Festival doing a book signing.
4) Jessica Ferguson‘s New Book, The Last Daughter, is now AVAILABLE from The Wild Rose Press. Available on Amazon.
5) Linda Whittington Hurst released 3 children’s books in September 2013. Saving Wild Thunder, The Seeing Eye Detectives:Case of the Disappearing Dog (Volume 1), and
Krick Street Kronicles are all available on Amazon.
6) Sylvia Ney‘s interview of Vietnam War author Tim O’Brien will appear in Proud to Be: Writing by American Warriors, Volume 2 which releases on November 15th. Books can now be preordered from the Southeast Missouri State University Press for $15 and will soon be available on Amazon as well. Volume one can still be purchased from both. Read more at: http://writinginwonderland.blogspot.com/
7) Peggy Borel – publishing her children’s book Teach Me ABC using the self publishing company Wise Printing.