Itinerant Theatre Submissions: 10 minute and/or Shorts
Itinerant Theatre is accepting scripts for our 1st annual Coffee House Theatre 10-Minute Play Readings and our Coffee House Theatre New Short Play Readings. The Plays should be appropriate for our season “America’s Unfinished Business: Freedom”. That “freedom” can come in many forms, and the basic idea of what our season is exploring are the many ways in which a great many Americans still struggle to experience the freedom promised.
There will be a $25 flat fee royalty payment to playwrights per play chosen for readings.
Itinerant Theatre – Coffee House Theatre – NEW PLAY SERIES. 10 Minute Plays & Short Plays
1. Only ONE play per category may be submitted per playwright. There is no submission fee.
2. Submissions accepted starting August 1st, 2014. Submission deadline is October 1st, 2014.
3. Submissions via email only. Email submissions (in pdf or Word format only) to email@example.com
4. Plays must include contact info (name, phone number, email address, home city and state, country) on the cover sheet.
5. Plays will require no more than 6 actors.
6. 10 Minute Plays will run no more than 10 minutes, no exceptions.
7. Short Plays will run no more than 1 hour, no exceptions.
1. Playwrights whose pieces have been chosen for readings will be notified via phone call and email in October.
2. Depending on number of plays selected, staged readings will be done at one of the “Coffee House Theatre” events at Stellar Beans Coffee House & Edibles, the 1st Saturday of the month between January and June.
Itinerant Theatre is a 501(c)3 non-profit theatre company whose mission is to provide an affordable, professional forum for the performing arts in order to generate broader audiences for theatre, professional opportunities for performing artists & productions for artistically underserved communities. People want to tell their story, interpret their times, write and act with truth and beauty…before their peers & for the stage. Itinerant Theatre, Inc. (IT) wants to make that possible.