Congratulations to the Winner: Tara Elizabeth! Her piece, FATE, won first place.
The entry period is now closed.
ON THE WALL — FIRST PAGE CONTEST
No Entry Fee
Win Free 2014 Conference Registration!
Please read the following guidelines carefully!
PROJECT: Your best first page is posted at the conference where readers vote on his/her favorite.
PURPOSE: To market writers, to encourage writers to have his/her work read, and to inspire participation from attendees.
Submissions must adhere to these guidelines:
1. Must be typed, double-spaced, 12-pt, Times New Roman.
2. Must be the author’s own work.
3. Open to members and nonmembers.
4. 250-word maximum.
5. Put your name on the back of the submission so readers do not know the author.
6. Only those who have registered for the conference may submit.
7. Only the first 20 correctly formatted submissions will be accepted!
Every submission will be posted for viewing the entire day of the conference.
The submission receiving the most votes will win and the writer will receive free admission to the 2014 Conference along with other prizes.
WAYS TO SUBMIT:
1) Mail your submission to:
Bayou Writers’ Group
Attn: On the Wall Contest
PO Box 1402
Lake Charles, LA 70602
2) You may present it to Chris Baldauf at any Bayou Writers’ Group meeting held on the first Saturday of each month at Carnegie Library on Pujo Street in Lake Charles from 10:00 am – noon.
3) DEADLINE – Submissions must be received by Saturday, November 2, 2013 – NO entries will be accepted at the conference.
THERE IS NO FEE TO ENTER!
YES, IT’S FREE!