Calcasieu Libraries to Host 2nd Annual Author Festival
The Calcasieu Parish Public Library will host its 2nd Annual Author Festival on Saturday, May 2nd from 11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. at the Sulphur Regional Library, located at 1160 Cypress Street in Sulphur.
Various authors and illustrators will be in attendance and attendees will have the opportunity to attend workshops and story times with them.
Authors for the program include:
- Gail Parker
- D. W. Finton
- Deborah Lynne
- Dr. Tim Pennington
- Vicky Franks
- Morena Caleb
- Caroline Dixon
- Dr. Elaine Adams
- Lori Leger
- Trish Leger
- Rachel Windham
- Angela Tezeno
- Cay Gibson
- Melinda Falgoust
- Arlene Hebert
- Theresa Singleton
- Jessica Hutchings
The public will also be able to “Ask the Author” and take an opportunity to listen and ask questions with the following authors:
- 11:00 a.m. – Morena Caleb
- 11:15 a.m. – Gail Parker
- 11:30 a.m. – D.W. Finton
- 11:45 a.m. – Deborah Lynne
- 12:00 p.m. – Dr. Elaine Adams
- 12:15 p.m. – Caroline Dixon
- 12:30 p.m. – Vicky Franks
- 12:45 p.m. – Rachel Windham
- 1:00 p.m. – Theresa Singleton
- 1:15 p.m. – Angela Tezenot
- 1:30 p.m. – Dr. Tim Pennington
- 1:45 p.m. – Lori Leger and Trish Leger
- 2:00 p.m. – Arlene Hebert
- 2:15 p.m. – Jessica Hutchings
Workshops will be available for the public to attend and include the following:
- 11:15 a.m. – Angela Tezenot – “Organize Your Life in Thirty Seven Minutes!”!
- 12:15 p.m. – Melinda Falgoust – “Yo, Ho, Ho, and Hold ‘Em: Capturing Your Audience at Storytelling & Other Live Events”
- 1:15 p.m. – Cay Gibson – “How to Enhance Your Child’s Imagination and Education in Fifteen Minutes a Day”
There will also be special story times for children to attend, presented by authors Melinda Falgoust, Theresa Singleton, Cay Gibson, Rachel Windham, and Arlene Hebert. These story times will start at 11:00 a.m. and will run every thirty minutes until 1:15 p.m.
The programs are all free and open to the public.
For more information, contact the Sulphur Regional Library at (337) 721-7141.